For Registration form Click here: HORACE W PORTER PTO 4th ANNUAL SCARECROW CONTEST
HORACE W PORTER PTO 4th ANNUAL SCARECROW CONTEST
Horace W. Porter PTO is proud to sponsor the fourth annual
“Build Your Own Scarecrow” contest.
Bring scarecrow characters to life by dressing, stuffing, and creating a face for them.
The contest is open to all Horace W. Porter students in grades Pre-K through 8th.
Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place.
The cost to enter the contest is $3.00 to reserve a stake.
Entry forms must be received by October 14th, 2017.
Once we receive your entry form and fee you will be assigned a number and a stake
on which you will display your scarecrow creation.
Scarecrows will be created at home and brought to school to be attached to your numbered stake.
(Please do not bring scarecrows on the bus and remember to clean up any mess made during assembly)
Scarecrow creations will be on display on HWP school grounds
from Thursday, October 19th through Friday, October 27th.
The public may vote for their favorite scarecrow in one of two ways:
1.) Vote by visiting the Horace W. Porter PTO Facebook page and “liking” the picture of your favorite scarecrow.
2.) Vote any time by dropping your favorite scarecrow’s number into the ballot box which will be located at the school’s front desk.
Final chance for voting will be during the Halloween Trunk or Treat Eventon Friday October 27th.
ONE VOTE PER PERSON PLEASE!
Winners will be announced on Monday October 30th.
- To enter the contest please fill out the attached entry form along with your $3.00 entry fee and return it to school by October 14th. (You can now register and pay online using PayPal. See Pay Pal link below)
- Once registered you will be assigned a number and a stake already placed into the ground on which your scarecrow creation will be displayed.
- Completed scarecrow creations may be set up at the school any day or time beginning on Friday October 13th through Friday October 20th. (Scarecrows may not be brought to school on the bus)
- You will need to bring rope or wire to attach your scarecrow to the post. Feel free to bring additional props like straw bales, corn shocks, etc.
- You are welcome to visit your scarecrow and keep it in good presentable condition.
- No perishable goods may be used in the construction or display.
- Scarecrows may be subjected to severe wind, rain, and/or snow therefore their construction should be durable and all ornamentation securely attached.
- Scarecrows should be whimsical, humorous, mischievous, or lovable – NOT frightening please!
- Scarecrow participants are required to remove their scarecrow and any props no later than 5:00 pm on Monday October 30th.
Horace W. Porter PTO & staff reserves the right to reject any scarecrow that depicts violence or is deemed inappropriate.
Any scarecrow that does not hold up to the natural elements may be removed.
Horace W. Porter is not responsible for damage or theft during the contest.