Mrs. Cooper's 4th Grade Class
Dear Fourth Grader,
Welcome to fourth grade! Are you excited about conducting science experiments, learning about Connecticut, and having band lessons? We can’t wait to meet you and get started on our journey together! When you are ready to begin your back to school shopping, here’s a list of what you can bring with you to school on your first day:
- A bag lunch or lunch money (you will get lunch cards back, so that your parents may deposit money on them as well.)
- A water bottle to keep in the classroom
- A pair of earbuds or earphones for your personal use with school computers (to be kept at school)
- A sturdy 2-pocket folder for homework
- One three-ring pencil pouch (no pencil boxes, please)
- Pencils and erasers.
- A ONE inch binder (No larger than that, please)
- Five two-pocket folders with holes to go in your binder
- A recent photo of yourself for a display
Please bring the supplies listed above with you on the first day. All other supplies, like crayons, scissors, rulers, and pencil sharpeners, are already available for your use at school! If you purchase these items, please keep them at your homework spot at your house so they will be ready for you to use for homework.
Your lunch, homework folder, and reading book should all fit nicely in a small shoulder backpack or bag to be stored in your cubby. In fourth grade you will not need to worry about carrying textbooks home in your backpack. You only need to bring your homework folder, agenda, library book, and lunch to school each day. You will receive your agenda to keep track of homework assignments on the first day of school. We will also give you a schedule of your related arts classes, like P.E., Art, Library, Music, and Band (if you chose this option).
So, now that you know what you need for the first day, remember to read each day and study those multiplication and division facts! We look forward to seeing you on the first day of school, Wednesday, August 30th by 8:25.
With warm regards,
The 4th Grade Team