Students at Horace Porter School in Grades 5 to 8 are introduced to career exploration and continuing education. During class time students learn about the following topics:
- High School Introductions
- The High School Credit System
- What is a Trade?
- The Differences in Private vs. Public Colleges
- The Differences in College/ University Degrees
- What is a Career Cluster?
- What is your Career Cluster?
- Students Complete a Career Inventory
- What is Resume?
- What is a Personal Budget?
- Salary vs. Hourly Rate
Use the following link to explore CT's careers with your student at home!
Connecticut Department of Labor
Use the following link to explore and play different career games!