School Success Begins at Home:
Inspire Motivation and Reduce Stress
FREE Workshop for Parents of Children in Kindergarten - 8th Grade
Brought to you by AHM Youth and Family Services
6:00 - 7:30 PM, Thursday, September 27, 2018
Horace Porter School, 3 Schoolhouse Road, Columbia
Tired of being the homework police?
Want to inspire your child to be more excited about learning?
Feel concerned about your child’s worries related to school?
After this class, you will be able to:
1. Apply simple, practical methods of inspiring your child's motivation in school and out
2. Recognize who "owns" any given school problem and how to respond effectively
3. Partner with your child and, as needed, with your child’s teacher to set up a successful homework practice
4. Identify ways your worries and stress may be affecting your child
5. Apply simple brain calming strategies to reduce stress and teach these to your children
Workshop presenter Aaron Weintraub
, MS is director of Kids Cooperate in Tolland, CT and behavior specialist at Holiday Hill Camp in Mansfield, CT. His perspective draws from an integration of practical therapies and philosophies that share a strengths based approach and a focus on practical, evidence based techniques tailored to the individual needs of the child and family. Aaron is a dad and Peace At Home teacher and coach.
To learn more:
Cheri Rivard-Lentz at 860-228-9493 X 6179
CheriR@ahmyouth.org or visit us at www.ahmyouth.org
FREE ONLINE Parent ClassRigistration Code and Information
AHM CHEC Coalition presents a discussion series about important topics related to parenting teens.
~ SAVE THE DATES! ~
Thursday, October 11th, 6:30-8:00pm Social Media, Sexting, & Monitoring
Wednesday, November 28th, 6:30-8:00pm Vaping, Drinking, & Substance Abuse
Tuesday, January 8th, 6:30-8:00pm Bullying, Mental Health, & Issues Confronting Teens Today
Thursday, March 14th, 6:30-8:00pm Prescription Drugs
Thursday, May 16th, 6:30-8:00pm Topic TBD
AHM Youth & Family Services
25 Pendleton Drive | Hebron, CT 06248 Call for more information: