Books are Valuable!
How do you treat your valuables?
Here are some hints on how to care for our valuable collection of great books.
1. Be gentle with your library books.
2. Wash your hands before reading your book. Many books are being returned with very sticky covers, please remind your readers to have clean hands when reading a school library book.
3. Turn the pages carefully, from the bottom right-hand corner.
4. DO NOT FOLD OVER THE CORNER OF A PAGE – Use a bookmark!
5. Keep your books away from younger brothers and sisters… and pets.
6. Keep your book in a closable plastic bag. Many books are returned damaged because water bottles or juice boxes have leaked in backpacks, unfortunately happening often.
Children love clean, new (or at least new-looking) books. If we all do our part by taking care of school library books, they will look just like new for a long time. Library books have a protective plastic covering and can be cleaned at home with a damp cloth or paper towel.
If a page is torn please do not repair it at home, I have special acid-free tape at school. Please leave a note for me in the book and I will fix the tear.
I can give you the price of every book in our book collection but the value of a book and the impact it has on children is priceless.