If you are registering your child for the 2019-2020 School Year, please contact Tammy Nye at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your child will not be attending in the current school year you will need to register them by clicing on the New Student Registration 2020/2021 SY icon to the left.
After you have completed your online registration you will need schedule an appointment to complete the verification portion of your child's registration by contacting Tammy Nye at (860) 228-9493 ext. 161.
Horace W. Porter School
3 School House Road
Columbia, CT 06237
You will need to bring the following information to your registration appointment:
- Parent/Guardian's valid photo identification
- Proof of parent/guardian's residency (see acceptable residency documents listed below)
- Student's birth certificate (long form) or valid passport
- Student Records Release form [insert link to record release form]
- State of Connecticut DOE Health Assessment Records Parts I, II, II and Immunization Record
- Copy of Withdrawal Form from prior school (if available)
- Last report card (if available)
- Most recent standardized testing scores (if available)
Required Residency documents: Proof of residency in Columbia is determined by providing Horace Porter School with a copy of (2) two documents showing the street address where the student resides. One item must be a mortgage statement, mortgage deed, purchase commitment letter or a Lease/Rental Agreement and the other document can be one of the following: phone bill (landline), utility bill (electricity or cable), real estate or tax bill.
Please note that residency documents submitted are required to be less than 60 days old and reflect a current Columbia address.